Transform rooms with bold textures
on 14 June 2016
It’s time to add some pizazz to create a home decor that you and your guests will love.
Today is the perfect time to transform your home – or your room – into something more livable and lovely. Why not turn to textures and layers; it’s what the hippest designer would do. It’s an interesting way to add depth, warmth and a whole lot of colour to any space. And you can create the look with furnishings you may already have around the house – the trick is in the placement.
Here are 18 fantastic tips to help you layer lots of bold, beautiful textures throughout your home.
- Add plants and greenery to your room for a fresh, natural and happy vibe.
- Wall art provides texture and helps to finish a room.
- Repetitive use of bold colours can create a sense of unity.
- The placement of a patterned rug or textured rug in any room will allow for immediate character and design improvement.
- Timber and the use of natural and secondhand elements will instantly give your room a homey feel.
- An exposed brick wall will create a modern industrial feel.
- Instead of a print or art piece, hang a colourful, textured rug on the wall. This unique design idea will draw immediate attention.
- Hang multiple frames in close proximity to create a feature wall.
- Geometric wallpaper creates an ultra modern feel in this bathroom.
- The addition of bright cushions will make every room a happy environment.
- The most detailed and beautiful wallpaper designs will add individuality to any room.
- Accent pillows such as these Aztec designs can be scattered around a room for a fresh modern look
- Position a bright throw on your bed or couch to add colour, warmth and a luxurious touch.
- Place an oversized chunky knit throw over your couch to create a comforting and cosy vibe in the living room.
- Consider pendant lighting as opposed to downlights. This will add another dimension to your room and an eye-catching feature.
- Including timber furnishings in a room can add warmth and a welcoming ambiance to the room.
- Adding faux animal print accent pieces will allow for a modern and daring look.
- Placing fresh or even fake flowers will add colour and life.
Rugs, throws, furniture, plants and more – try blending them all together to create layers of texture in your home. We’re sure you’ll be pleased with the results. Happy decorating!
If you’re not sure which plants would suit an indoor space, take a look at our recent guide.