There’s nothing like a thorough body scrub to rejuvenate your skin.
We all enjoy a little pampering occasionally, but it can be an expensive indulgence. Pamper yourself at home as often as you like with these three simple, natural body scrub recipes.
Vanilla and lavender scrub
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender
- 12 drops lavender essential oil
- Mix ingredients in medium size bowl
- Store in a jar and use daily, stir before use.
The oil can make your shower floor or tub surface slippery, so be careful. The dried lavender buds can get caught in drains, so you may want to put an extra filter on your drain hole when you use the scrub.
Here’s a great way to recycle those coffee grounds from your morning cuppa and put them to good use.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup coffee grounds
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 or 5 small jam jars
- In a medium size bowl, combine the coconut oil, sugar, coffee grounds, olive oil and mix well.
- Add the scrub to your jam jars for use as desired. If you have lots of coffee grounds you can make extra, as long as you can store the scrub.
Lemon is a natural source of vitamin C, so when combined in a natural exfoliant, it helps brighten and smooth the skin.
- 3 cups sugar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Juice from one lemon
- Zest from two lemons
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- Jam jars
- Mix sugar, oil and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Add the lemon zest to the mix, then the juice from one lemon. Then just mix to combine.
You can scale this recipe up or down depending on how many jars of body scrub you’d like to make.
For more DIY pampering, check out this DIY fruit face mask.