Going green has never been this tasty or good for you.
This spinach linguine is paired with home-made basil pesto, broccoli florets and spring asparagus for a powerful pasta full of flavour. While this is a wonderful vegetarian meal, you can add some roast chicken if you like a bit of meat with dinner. Preparation takes only 10 minutes, cooking takes 15 minutes and the dish serves four people.
- 375gms dried spinach linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head of broccoli, florets only, separated into small pieces
- 2 bunches or 8 spears of asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds or fourths
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- grated parmesan or pecorino cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the pasta in plenty of salted, boiling water according to the directions. Reserve 1.5 cups of the pasta cooking water.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and saute the broccoli and asparagus for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Then add the pesto and 1 cup of the pasta water (in two lots). Add the pasta into the frying pan and coat with the pesto, adding more pasta water if necessary.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with grated cheese.
Image and recipe source: Not Quite Nigella