Rose is fast becoming the popular summer wine of choice and now there are some new twists on how to enjoy it.
Here’s some great news for cocktail fans or anyone who enjoys a chilled glass of rose or fresh fruit juice. The Frosé (Frozen Rosé) is a new cocktail you’ll being seeing a lot more of on bar menus and Instagram posts. It is made from a combination of strawberries, wine, grenadine and fortified by a shot of vodka. This pretty pink delight is one part adult slushie and one part sangria, not to mention a big part delicious.
So if you’re looking for something special to serve your guests on hot days these holidays, mix up a batch of Frosé and you’ll put smiles on all their faces. Here’s the recipe:
- 750ml bottle of dry rosé
- Two cups of fresh sliced strawberries plus more for garnish (optional)
- One tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ cup vodka
- Two tablespoons grenadine
- Pour the rosé into ice cube trays and freeze until solid, eight hours or overnight
- Combine the strawberries and the sugar in the bowl of a blender and let sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes, until the berries begin to release their juices
- Add the vodka, grenadine, and rosé cubes. Blend the mixture on high until smooth
- Pour into glasses and garnish with strawberries.